Animoto is a video slideshow solution that allows users to create marketing and personal slideshows that are eye-catching and can express their creativity. It is web-based and intuitive, with video creation capabilities that make it a reliable choice among students, photographers, teachers, business professionals, and video marketers. Users of Animoto do not need to have previous knowledge of other slideshow video creation software, as the solution already provides features that are basic to every slideshow video creation program. Social media sharing, high-quality video, the ability to download video, thousands of commercially licensed music tracks, pre-built marketing storyboards, and landscape plus square marketing videos are the key features that Animoto users will get.
The main benefits of Animoto are its user-friendliness, its compatibility with multiple devices, and its library of music tracks.
With Animoto, users can create eye-catching video even without an expert’s knowledge of technology. It is user-friendly and only requires the user’s idea of what message they want to convey in their video or slideshow.
Creating a video with Animoto is easy, as users only need to log into the application and choose whether they want to create a slideshow or marketing project. They then pick the template that is right for them, upload their photos and videos, and then press “Produce.”
Desktop devices, Android devices, tablets, and the iPhone can be used to create videos as Animoto works on all of them. An array of templates, customization options, styles, and commercially licensed tracks are available to the user so they can come up with attention-grabbing videos.
- Very quick learning curve compared to software like iMovie.
- Music library makes it easy to add background music.
- Allows you to add/change overall aesthetic, fonts, transitions, etc. very quickly with almost no know-how.
- Also includes stock image library for when user doesn't have a good image/video clip on hand.
- Placement of text on videos is too limited--placement options don't always work well with images, video behind it.
- Limited arrangement of images (various grid options for multiple photos) doesn't always work well for every video.
- Sometimes you're wishing there were more user-control over individual transitions or animations of elements within a frame.